The region of Central Macedonia includes regional sections of Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Pieria, Imathia, Pella, Kilkis and Serres.
Mission and objectives are:
– The comeback of the local communities by giving perspective and way out to citizens, professionals, businesses, and young people
– Modernization of the functioning of the region to better serve the citizen
– The development of solidarity actions, social care and public health, especially for the vulnerable citizens of the region
– To support healthy and extrovert entrepreneurship
– The upgrading and expansion of the infrastructure network
It is the first region of Greece in absorption of NSRF funds among the 13 elected regions of the country.
The touristic promotion of the cultural and natural wealth of the region is one of the fields that the Region of Central Macedonia considers it extremely important for the development of the region.
The strategic planning for the promotion of the region’s tourism includes activities such as:
– Participation in international tourism exhibitions
– Hosting foreign journalists and tourism professionals
– Organized meetings with tour operators, professional tourism associations, institutions etc.
– The advertising with banners, posters and in general promotional material
– Organizing and participating in events in Greece and abroad for the promotion of thematic forms of tourism
– Participation in the creation of the Tourism Organization of Thessaloniki, one of the most important tools for the promotion of the city tourism