Thessaloniki is famous for being a destination in Greece for its cuisine. Here, food is made with heart to give joy and pleasure. Natural ingredients, delicious flavors, recipes and little secrets of taste bring people together around the big table of friends.
Colors, flavors, landscapes, sounds, history, culture; These ingredients, all mixed up, compose the gastronomical identity of Thessaloniki. Ingredients that satisfy even the most demanding visitor, revealing gastronomic experiences and delicious pleasures that are hidden in every corner of Greece’s second largest city.
- September: Spinach Festival in Agia Paraskevi (Vasilika), Harvest of the Municipal Vineyard of the Municipality of Thessaloniki
- October: Honey Festival at Pedio tou Areos Park
- November: Tsipouro distillation in cauldrons, Italian Street Food, Festival at the American School of Agriculture, Mushroom Festival in Livadi
- December: Christmas Festival, Christmas vorOina, Map of Flavours
- June: Feast of the Holy Apostles in Sohos Lagadas, Zucchini Festival in Vasilika, Food for Good at Aretsou beach
- July: Sardine Festival in Nea Michaniona and Nea Krini
- August: Pic Nic Urban festival, Watermelon Festival in the village of Kastana (Chalkidona)
- Clean Monday: bean soup and pickles at Chortiatis shelter